Here’s a 4-minute long update on social media trends and statistics from Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics, and Hult International Business School. A few key takeaways:
- Social media has become the No. 1 activity on the web
- 92% of children under age of 2 have a “digital shadow”
- 54% of people on Twitter recommend products in their tweets
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations; only 14% trust advertisements
- 93% of marketers use social media for business
Is your business on social media? Do you know what people are saying online about your brand? One thing for sure: Whether or not YOU are engaged, YOUR CUSTOMERS almost certainly are.
P.S. Guess how I found this video today? Via Twitter!